· Begin the lesson by asking students what the word hero means to them.
· Display a copy of “What Makes A Hero?” Read the statements about a hero and allow students to agree or disagree with the statements.
· Students will finish the sentence, “In my opinion, a hero is someone who…” in their learning logs.
· Using Myhero.com http://myhero.com/911/911.asp, students will read about different heroes of September 11.
· Students will choose one hero to report on. They will record their information on the “My Hero” worksheet.